Sunday, 28 October 2018
Allergies got me like....
So, I am one of those people that are blessed with a long list of shit I can't eat and shit I can't do.
I am not going to go into the many health issues I have, as the issues are generally something that I try not to focus on. I find that when I do, my self concuious seems to put the limits on me. When I don't focus on the issues and I concentrate on eating right within my allergy limits, building up my strength and recognising the warning signs, I can achieve anything...
Any who, today my gratitude post is based around food.. Do you know how hard it is to, eat gluten free, low carb & low sugar diet? It's pretty hard, well at least it was when I was first diagnosed with the start of my issues nearly 4 years ago... Pretty sure I lived on glorified air, ice and water... There was no variety avaiable.
So, today I am grateful for, fad diets, yuppies and the increasingly growing desire for the perfect healthy body... I don't care about the body, I just wanna eat something that's not a lettuce leaf and not feel sick afterwards.
There are currently hundreds of various fad diets that have caught the attention of consumers, ranging from Keto, Atkins, Low Fat, Low Calorie, High Protein and recently I heard on the radio of a diet where you consumed no food for 2 weeks, just tea and got a million needs shoved into various locations of your body...eep! The high demand for alternative foods to meet theses popular treads have forced food retailers to provide alternative foods... Gotta continue making the coin right... damn straight!
This demand benefits more people than those in search for perfect health... Ok, here we go again... did you know... Food allergies today impact approximately 1 in 20 children and in about 1 in 100 adults in Australia... Holy shit right? That is a lot of people suffering at the hands of food allergies, intolerances or diseases that restrict intake of particular food groups. And, now, we get to reap the benefits of the glorious amount of alternative foods that meet our requirements.
From ice-cream, candy, chocolate, creams, butters, to crackers, bread and cheese... We are in an alternative food heaven.... And, I am loving it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment