Pages

Friday, 26 October 2018

I'm bad, she's Boujee!

I truly believe that you don’t have to know someone for a long time to become great mates or have a bond as if you have known each other for a lifetime. It’s all about the connection!
We all have people come in and out of our lives. Some are around for a lifetime and will always play an important part in your life, some are only there for a moment and played an important part in your life at that time. Then, there are the new breaths of fresh air that you're grateful you cross paths with and BANG instant connection. I have a few of these breaths of fresh air who have recently crossed my path. Each has their own story, and each person plays a different part in my life to which I am grateful for... So naturally, each will get their own post.
Today and every day, I am grateful for my favourite boujee biatch! She makes Wednesdays and Thursdays the best working days… Never have I met someone where I instantly felt comfortable with… Nor have I ever met someone who is continuously uplifting… I cannot recall a time where she didn’t pick me up when I was flat, personally or in respect to my career.    I can only hope I give back the same to her.
She is stylish AF, loud and everything fun! I have learnt so much from her - to the point I feel like I have been living under a rock for the last 20 years, or I am old AF... Let's just go with the living under the rock, shall we? 
Most days we are aligned with our absolute flith mouth trash talk, crying from laughing so hard… and then quietly wondering if we overstepped the boundary and did an overshare. Other days, we speak our mind and opinions and respect each other's views, move on, make a dirty joke and laugh for the rest of the day.
Naturally, given each person in this relationship position at work, you wouldn’t think we would be as close as what I think we are… Shit! Maybe this is a one sided, I love you BFF relationship... Creepy... But over time, it expanded itself from work to home and I am forever grateful. I love that I get to be me, in a professional and personal sense and it’s not often that you’ll get that, in this big bad world.
I also love that she takes me for who I am professional and personally. I can start off a sentence with... 'can I ask you something' and no matter how fucking stupid (believe me, sometimes it is really fucking stupid), I know I can ask her, she will be honest with me - even if I am being stupid, I know I will feel better and we will laugh, mostly at my stupidity!
Wouldn't have her any other way!


0 comments:

Post a Comment