Today, being Monday I am grateful for moving my own personal mountains, conquering my fears and owning public speaking.
Since late Sunday afternoon, I have been in regional North Queensland for work, in preparation of my second and many to come training session around Land Access. Today, I felt comfortable...so comfortable I didn't even have to try and imagine the audience being naked...
I didn't stumble on my words, the content just flowed out of my mouth just as gracefully as the f-boms, shits and mates flowed. My audience was engaged and interacted throughout the training not just at the end of the training session...when I force them to talk to me to discuss their constraints...
I have always hated public speaking... It definitely wasn't one of my strong points in High School...ok, ok, I was reeeealy bad! My hands would always shake uncontrollably, which sucks when you had to try and read from palm cards... I would stumble on my words, I'd forget what I was talking about and make up some complete utter bullshit on the spot... So, I always avoid it... I literally run for the hills avoid it.
So when I pushed to be the face of the training, a part of me inside was screaming WTF Karen! What are you thinking! You hate public speaking! Shut Up! Put that hand down now biatch! But I know that nothing exciting happens when you stay inside your comfort zone.
So here I am out of my comfort zone, travelling around North Queensland, killing goals and annoying the shit out of a bunch of field staff about Land Access!
0 comments:
Post a Comment