Pages

Thursday, 15 November 2018

It's so good to be home!

There is nothing in this world that I could be more grateful for today (being Tuesday) than the view of Brisbane from the air knowing that I am minutes away from being home.

I don't do long stints away from home, but towards the end of this year, I have and will be going away a little more than normal, for 2-3 days at a time. Now, as I have mentioned before, I truly love the job I have and the industry I am working in. However, I really do miss my family and home when I am away.

Today, I am bound for home... I am super excited like I always get excited. I always book a window seat on my way home... Actually, I book a window seat every single time... But by far an f'n must on my way home.

One of my many favourite things on the way home is the view from the top as we approach Brisbane... I will never get sick of that view... I see it and it's that instant sigh feeling like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders... I instantly relax... Well kind of, ok so I am relaxed and at the same time freaking quietly out about landing... I fly a lot, but that landing shit gets me every time!

And then a massive wave of excitement comes over me... the closer I get, the more excited I get. That feeling of knowing that in a matter of minutes I am going to see my big and little loves and have my face covered in their kisses and my arms wrapped around all of them.

Adios! The fasten seatbelt light has been turned on by my captain and we are now preparing for our decent... Time to pack up this bad boy, hold on for dear life as we land. And then, go score me some much-needed hugs and kisses!




0 comments:

Post a Comment