Boy, is she fierce! Every day I am grateful for my eldest daughter.
When I first sat down to write this post, I thought it would be easy... How could it not be, considering you are writing about one of your children right? Every little thing about them you are grateful for, including the tantrums... Oh, I miss the tantrums. Now I get the rolled eyes followed by the silent treatment and then the storming off into her room slamming the door before I can even get a word in. I am left awkwardly saying 'yeah you do that, you go to your room'.
So I sit here, on attempt number 3 - attempting to write down her uniqueness, when I can barely explain it in a conversation over coffee. - it always ends with, you'll understand when you meet her. She has an amazing personality - fierce, headstrong and independent one minute...cuddly, girly, and vulnerable the next.
Loves mountain climbing, mostly only the end - when you are at the top. Not always a fan of the whole - climbing a bloody mountain to get to the top thing. And, I am pretty sure she lets the whole mountain, neighbourhood... actually Brisbane City know when she has had a gutful of the climb (doesn't happen often). Even though she is cracking the shits, she still moves forward to achieve what she has tasked herself with, which is getting to the top. Would bloody want to get to the top after waking everyone up at 5am on a Sunday morning to go mountain climbing... Most normal people are sleeping in... I secretly wish I was sleeping in, especially when my legs are starting to feel the burn, thanks to the steep as shit mountain Missy and her Step Dad have picked to climb.
I am grateful for her love for everything... Once she loves, she loves deeply... once she commits, she commits 100%. I am grateful that she doesn't do what most of the girls that are her friends do, and they love her for it... Missy Moo is their cool chick friend, the one that has a slider, a mad skateboard collection - who actually skateboards, she is the adventurous one. The one that loves to travel and, at a very young age already appreciates different cultures.
She is so selfless, I wish I could be more like her. I wish that I would put how I feel aside sometimes for the greater good like she does... instead of running my motor mouth like a wanker for half an hour, only to get my voice of reason after I have made an utter dick out of myself for the absolute garbage that filthed out of my mouth.
She makes me want to be a better human to people I wish I didn't have to. The admiration I have for her is amazing, and I am grateful that she looks at me with the same admiring eyes, believing I am the good one...
I am grateful that my daughter is like that quote: 'she's a reflection of me. So you know she's the shit!' There is not a moment in time, where I don't look at her and say to my self - shit I am lucky... so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter...inside and out! There is not a day that goes by, where I don't try to show her and her sister to always strive to be better, better than no one else but yourself. There is not a day that goes by that I don't practice what I preach to her - I strive every day, to be a better version of myself - all because of her...
0 comments:
Post a Comment