What better way to celebrate gratitude, then being grateful for my Dad -The Co-parenting King! He also has many other superhero traits, but this is one of my favourites.
Why is he the King you may ask? Well, let me answer that for you... He is the king because had to co-parent with my mother... A real Filio, little old (now) lady, with her Luis Viton bag, a shoe collection almost as big as mine (over 100 shoes), dollars signs in her eyes with the sparkle of the world being against her... Don't get me wrong, I love that lady - she helps me out with the girls, she loves them dearly and for the obvious reason that she is my mother.
So, if he can survive that, I am convinced he can survive anything! The standard that he set - ok, this co-parenting shit by far is a two-way street, so he can't have all the credit... So let me rephrase that... The standard that he worked so hard with my mother to set for my brother and I is absolutely incredible. They attended our weddings together (my brothers was overseas), they sit at the same table at every single event, they work together with everything including my girls now... They even spend 4 hours in a car to drive from Fundaberg (Bundaberg) to Brisbane to come to visit my brother and I and obviously the kids... AND, they obviously both come out of it alive... Alive, I say...
I have the most amazing relationship with my Dad! Without a doubt in my mind, he is my hero. He is the first person I go to when I have a problem and need advice. Especially about my co-parenting situation... Before I go off the handles about anything, I am open and honest about the facts (legal brain habit) and I call the old boy... It usually starts off like this 'can you tell me if I am acting like a bitch/crazy ex-wife/crazy in general' He always has a laugh at the statement and tells me to tell him what's going on... Now, this guy is gggooooddd.... And I adore him, so it is next to impossible for me to lie to him, and if I want his honest opinion, I tell him everything, read out messages, tell him how I snapped and acted like a bitch you name it... He never ever gives me an analysis of the facts and a brief summary of how he comes to his answer... And his answer is never long either... It's one of the two: 'princess you're being a bitch, settle down' or 'princess it's not right, but keep goings'. I hate it when it's the latter of the two... Because I know he is telling me to quietly stand my ground and put the girls first...
And yes, he still calls me, princess, no matter who is around, slightly embarrassing when I am with the General Counsel of a business I used to work for...
He is by far my favourite drinking buddy and has been for a very long time... Even kept up with him and all the old boys back in the day at their old local watering hole... He's an excellent singer - when everyone is drunk and the best air guitarist I have ever seen when Hotel California's guitar solo starts rolling out through the speakers. He without a doubt, always tells the same to jokes when he is drunk... It's your warning sign that he probably will pass out soon. And he has the biggest, kindest soul I have ever seen...
I still love his cuddles and just sitting there, hanging out while he has a beer doing his crossword puzzles, talking shit about crap he did when he was younger.
My absolute favourite thing is despite how old we both get... He still is the one person I always look up to and he still is the person I will always call first.
0 comments:
Post a Comment